Friday, April 24, 2015

Five minute Friday two for one

Last week I went to California for my dads retirement party. Kenny stayed home with the three big kids and my little travel buddy make the trek out west with me. Avila did great travelling,but it was a lot of work keeping her wiggly little body occupied and rested on the long flight. I miss California and I have such a greater appreciation for the landscape of where I grew up. I wish we could all travel out there more often, someday. It was perfect   weather, lots of good food, and most importantly fun times with family and friends.  I got to meet my newest niece and spend time with little Jax. The party was great and I think my dad really enjoyed the time. The rest of the tribe here had a lots of fun as well as keeping Kenny on his toes for five days. We have enjoyed a lighter work schedule for him this week in anticipation of the new less flexible schedule that starts Monday. Today he is on Elle's fieldrip to the zoo. Tomorrow we have games at 10, 11, and 12, then friends for dinner! It'll be a fun day. I love this season of life with full schedules, not only does it mean I sleep better, but I love watching the kids learn new skills and be a part of something independent of eachother and their parents, it's like a sneak peak of their future. I thought as they gain independence it would make me sad, although some aspects do, for the most part it's exciting and I feel privileged to have a front row seat.

No comments: