Friday, September 24, 2010

On a lighter note...

I took the kids to a fun little "farm" on Thursday and to Avila Valley Barn today. I'm so looking forward to fall and all the special things it will bring. We missed having Kenny with us, but I'm getting more and more comfortable venturing out solo with the kids on our adventures. Although we did meet some friends at AVB today. I'm trying to get used to the idea of doing things just with the kids because if we, God willing, move someday I know there will be lots of outings without friends or daddy. Can't say it's my favorite thing, but its good for all us to get out of the house and enjoy the fresh, albeit, hot air.

Rylan will be three on Tuesday and he is telling everyone about his Thomas cake for his birthday. I can't believe I am buying a cake for his birthday but I could hardly say no when he asked for a train cake and I am just not that talented to make it myself. So thank you Albertsons for having a Thomas cake.

I'm also looking forward to getting a peek at our little one hopefully within the next month! We are still debating whether or not to find out the sex. I'm excited for Halloween too. My mom has been working on a cute Col.Sanders costume for Rylan and I'll order Elle's rooster costume next week.

Cotton Candy is going very well and it's encouraging that I'm getting orders consistently. I hope it keeps up like this. It's been a great learning experience on so many levels and I'm grateful for the small successes we've had thus far.

The babes and I will get to spend a few days in Eureka early November and I can't tell you how stinkin excited Rylan is about that. It may be our last trip up before March so the next time we'll be up to introduce baby trio-affectionately named by daddy and Rylan. Elle is a crazy little dare devil that is sure to cost a lot in doctor visits. She gets a little sassy when I won't let her stand on the skate board or climb up the big kid part of the play structure at the park. She is fearless and loves to play with her brother. Both kids have check ups next week and then the following week is Rylan's last treatment! Woohooo!!! As much as we love Dr. Cordoro we are so glad to be at the end of the road. It's not a bad place to HAVE to go, but we will not miss treatment days and the week following. Again, we are thankful that we have had the opportunity to get this done, but it takes a toll on all of us. If this is the worst medical issue we ever have with our kids we have been blessed abundantly. Every time we pull up and I look across the street at the children's hospital I literally at that moment thank God that we are not walking in there but just to the ambulatory surgery center.

I have not been sleeping well and tired is the under statement of the day, so I'm going to do my "chores" and hope to fall asleep and stay asleep. Night!


No comments: