Friday, February 8, 2013

Five Mintue Friday

My trip to California was perfect! I got to see the ocean almost all the way from San Diego to San Francisco, even though it broke my heart I was so happy to glimpse of the San Francisco bay, Central Coastline, the Channel Islands, and Coronado. The drive from Oakland to Eureka was beautiful as well, even getting a peak at some snow in the mountains as we drove north. In the previous blog I mentioned one special friend would be absent from our gathering, BUT guess what??? She surprised me and drove up! Best little reunion EVER, EVER! The shower for Charlie Grace niecey niece to be and her mama was perfect! It looked pretty, we had good food, she has some wonderful friends that were very generous with special gifts, and I couldn't be more excited to meet this baby girl. Added bonus, I got to sleep THROUGH the night (even if it was a couple 5 hr nights-totally worth the lack of sleep) and I had no time crunch on getting ready. One more bonus, I got to snuggle the lovie Mr.Jax. Goodness gracious I could have hugged, and swayed, and loved on him for hours and hours. I missed my four at home and so appreciated the hugs and cries for mama as I walked down to the baggage claim. My parents came back with me and my grandparents came from Washington a couple hours later. Such a sweet time to all be together and it was the first time Blakey and my grandparents had met. Of course we took them to some Texas bbq and had a special treat after picking Rylan up from school all together and going to ice cream. Just realized I have about a million things to do before school drop off and I've gone way over my five minutes ;) so I'll finish next week.

No comments: